VITAMIN D TESTING-Now Available!
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Vitamin D deficiencies are widespread and affect many individuals in different ways. A 2004 study by Jordan Lite showed that 77% of people have lower Vitamin D levels than what is optimal for their bodies, leading them to see the importance of getting tested for their Vitamin D. A Vitamin D deficiency can lead to serious health complications such as diabetes, osteoporosis, and heart disease, among others. There are signs that indicate that patients may need to get their Vitamin D levels tested, such as living a sedentary lifestyle, obesity, limited sun exposure, and age-related changes to their body.
Patients can now check Vitamin D levels using GX Science's Microsampling kit. Providers can test patients in-office or send kits straight to their patients at home where they can take a sample of their own blood and securely mail their samples to the GX Sciences laboratory for analysis. Providers will then receive a personalized report with information about their Patient’s Vitamin D deficiencies and recommendations on how to improve their Vitamin D levels.
WHY IS THIS TESTING DIFFERENT?
Neoteryx® Mitra Microsampling Technology
- No need to go to a drawing station
- No need to draw multiple vials
- Testing in office, stock tests in your office
- Testing at home, drop-ship kits directly to your patient
- Proprietary Microsampling technology requires only a finger prick
- In 7-10 days, results delivered right to your secure provider portal
- Affordable, convenient option for repeat testing
WHO SHOULD DO THIS TEST?
- Aging-related conditions that increase the requirement of Vitamin D ex. Osteoporosis
- Skin pigmentation complications or those of African American descent
- Obesity-associated with Vitamin D deficiencies
- Ongoing Vitamin D supplementation