What is Microsampling?
KITS NOW AVAILABLE
The value of reduced blood sample sizes is becoming apparent in human testing. Dried Blood Spot (DBS) sampling has already proven to be a viable alternative for many applications in blood analysis, but Microsampling using VAMS technology offers even more advantages. GX Sciences is proud to announce that we will be the 2nd lab in the U.S. to offer this type of testing to provide an easy and quick turnaround process to our providers.
Benefits of Microsampling:
- Allows for home or clinic sampling so the patient does not have to visit a draw station to give blood
- Does not require refrigeration and special handling during shipment
- Is less painful, stressful and the patient can provide the sample in their own home if needed
- Can be performed on those for whom maintaining blood volume/measurements is critical
- Provider may drop ship a kit to a patient so they have the results prior to the patient consultation
Microsampling is still new, but those who understand it have a serious competitive advantage when offering this type of testing to their patients.
Panels We Will Offer:
Blood Testing (finger prick) via Microsampling Release Dates:
- Vitamin D - to be released on 6/15/19
- Free T3 / Free T4 Panel - Summer 2019
- Hormone Panel - Fall 2019
- A1c - Fall 209
Urinalysis Testing via Microsampling Release Date:
- Neurotransmitters - Summer 2019
Watch this short video on how to collect blood and apply to the Mitra cartridge for Microsampling analysis. It's easy!